A twin-size bed has several advantages to its small size. If you’re in the market for a bed this size, a quality bed frame is one of the first items you want to get your hands on. Combine it with one of the best mattresses for kids, and your child will sleep soundly. For adults, a twin-size bed is perfect for a small apartment or a guest bedroom—particularly if you’re trying to keep things affordable.
With such a large selection of brands to choose from, it can be difficult to match one of the best online mattresses with a high-quality and sturdy twin-size bed frame. And it’s important to do so. Sleep that is constantly disrupted can cause several health problems, including inflammation, pain, and even mood disorders and hypertension. The right bed and mattress paring can ensure you can sleep without noise and movement all night long.
The Best Twin Size Bed Frame
Choosing one of the best twin-size bed frames is a two-step process. First, you must consider what your needs are. You should know whether you prefer a metal frame or a wood frame, and you should know your decor. Second, you should look at the options that fit your budget.
We did the hard work for you and analyzed hundreds of brands to bring you a list of the 10 best twin-size bed frames. See our Methodology regarding how we score the products on Online Mattress Review.
The Amolife Twin Bed Frame has a rustic appearance that is great for bedrooms featuring a vintage look but can still work in a room with a more modern style. The bed is reasonably priced, more so than some alternatives. The headboard and footboard, included with the frame, are designed with rustic stained wood paneling. This aesthetic also sports an industrial look as well.
The metal used in the Amolife Twin Bed Frame isn’t only for appearance. It’s also for durability as well as great support. This bed will last you a long time, and that’s why it makes our list of the best twin-size bed frames. Steel slats provide a foundation for your mattress to eliminate sagging. This twin bed frame can accommodate a box spring if desired or can be used without.
Strengths We Love:
- The optional use of a box spring makes it a versatile bed, a feature that budget-conscious people will appreciate. But the use of a box spring is highly recommended for purposes of longevity of use.
- The frame can be used in most contemporary bedrooms with interior design themes ranging from rustic country to industrial modern. The trick lies in choosing the right pillows, bedsheets and other accessories.
- The assembly takes about an hour or less depending on your mechanical ability. Nearly everything including the parts, tools and step-by-step instructions are included in the package. The disassembly is just as easy.
- This is a high-quality bedframe that will last for years aside from contributing to the durability of the mattress paired with it. The actual product looks exactly like its photos, too.
- The manufacturer provides an excellent five-year free parts replacement guarantee, as well as delivers on good customer service.
- There’s a rubber strip that can be installed to minimize, if not prevent, noise when the bed is in use.
Things to Consider:
- Some reviewers complain about the slight noise that the bed makes when they lie and move on it. But the installation of the rubber strip and proper assembly usually resolves this minor issue.
- The low profile can make it problematic for some people to go on and off it.
OMR ADVANTAGE SCORE: 8.5/10
The Merax Wood Platform Bed Twin Size frame boasts a solid wood construction that offers you a quality product at a competitive price. This bed frame comes in three different color varieties: white, black, and brown. For improved stability, the frame also comes with a headboard and footboard included in the price. Headboards and footboards also keep your mattress in place.
The entire Merax Wood Platform Bed Twin Size frame is made from quality pine and features a classic design that will easily fit into any decor. And it has a slat system to support your mattress to prevent it from sagging. There is also ample space below the bed frame for storage. This product requires assembly.
Strengths We Love:
- Made of pine wood, a material known for its longevity and durability with proper care. The bedframe can support children up to 250 pounds in weight although only child will likely sleep comfortably on it.
- The 10 slats are wide enough to provide extra support for any type of mattress and, thus, prevent its premature sagging and sliding to the sides.
- The simple yet elegant design makes it a suitable addition to either a girl’s or a boy’s bedroom, which makes it convenient for parents.
- The high headboard not only keep the mattress in place but it also provides a good place to lean on.
- The 10.5-inch clearance underneath the bed makes it easy-peasy to clean the floor below it, as well as to store a few storage bins below. This is a great feature for small bedrooms.
- This is fairly easy to assemble with the necessary tools and clear instructions included in the package.
Things to Consider:
- A few reviewers say that some pieces were missing when the package was shipped to them. But a quick call to customer service soon resolved the issue.
- A couple of buyers also assert that the wood was slightly scratched or cracked in a few places. Fortunately, these weren’t major issues.
OMR ADVANTAGE SCORE: 8/10
The GreenForest Twin Bed Frame Metal Platform made our list of the best twin-size bed frames because of its simple, yet stylish and durable, frame featuring solid metal construction along with a footboard and a headboard.
The GreenForest Twin Bed Frame Metal Platform comes in black only and features an elegant design that will fit into any decor. There is a metal slat system to support the mattress, and these slats are installed in a way that ensures no large gaps are present—gaps are one of the main culprits of a sagging mattress. There is also a little more than 11 inches of storage space underneath the bed.
Strengths We Love:
- The all-steel frame construction ensures that it will last for several years with proper care and maintenance. The six legs are stable and strong enough to withstand the weight of a thick mattress and a child for hours at a time.
- There’s no need for a box spring to go with this bed frame. The built-in headboard and footboard also eliminate the need for additional installation of these parts.
- The basic design makes it versatile enough for boy’s and girl’s bedrooms. Parents can add accessories, such as fairy lights, to make it more personalized, too.
- This is easy to assemble since there are fewer parts to deal and the instructions are clear and concise.
Things to Consider:
- There may be a small issue with the mattress slipping off the bed since there are no side barriers. Be sure to pair the bedframe with the right-sized mattress to keep it from slipping off while your child is on it.
- The screws may have to be tightened from time to time.
OMR ADVANTAGE SCORE: 7.5/10
The DHP Dakota Upholstered Faux Leather Platform Bed gives you a modern and stylish product that is durable and supportive for adults. The bed is made of wood covered in faux leather or standard durable fabric. The faux leather is available in white, black, and brown, and the fabric is only available in white.
The DHP Dakota Upholstered Faux Leather Platform Bed has a button-tufted design that adds to the product’s aesthetics. Added padding in the headboard helps to give you a comfortable surface to sit against for reading or watching TV. The headboard measures 39 inches in height and the frame can support a maximum weight limit of 225 pounds.
The Linenspa 14-Inch Folding Metal Platform Bed Frame makes our list of the best twin-size bed frames because it is not only great for times when you have guests over and need to set up a bed quickly, but it is also supportive enough to be a permanent piece of furniture in a bedroom. The folding feature makes it easy to store the frame when you are not using it.
The Linenspa 14-Inch Folding Metal Platform Bed Frame has about 13 inches of storage space underneath the bed. And the manufacturer boasts that assembly is so easy, it shouldn’t take you longer than five minutes. For a twin-size bed frame, it has a maximum weight capacity of 750 pounds, which is really impressive. And the bed frame is also available in the popular Twin XL size. The frame also comes with a five-year warranty.
The Max & Lily Solid Wood Twin-Size Bed makes our list of the best twin-size bed frames because it gives you the flexibility of choosing from various colors to ensure it fits in with your decor. You can choose from white, natural, gray, espresso, clay, and blue, and the finish adds a layer of protection for the wood used in the product’s construction.
The Max & Lily Solid Wood Twin-Size Bed has a slightly higher price tag than others on this list, but the New Zealand pine wood is the selling point. It adds durability while also being a nontoxic option. The bed can support a maximum weight of 400 pounds, which makes it great for toddlers, teens, and adults.
The VECELO Twin Size Bed Frame offers a stylish design and all-metal construction, while still being an affordable entry on our list of the best twin-size bed frames. The platform-style bed is reasonably priced, which is great because platform beds eliminate the need for a box spring.
The VECELO Twin Size Bed Frame also features a Victorian-style design in metal, with a headboard and footboard included. Steel is used to help make the frame more durable and able to support a weight of 330 pounds. There almost 13 inches of storage space underneath the bed frame. The product requires assembly, but it comes with instructions and all the tools you need for easy installation.
If you are looking for a quality option and able to spend more money, then check out the Harper & Bright Designs Wood Platform Bed Twin Bed Frame Mattress Foundation Sleigh Bed. This bed frame comes with a built-in mattress foundation that acts as a replacement for the traditional box spring system. The product also comes with a built-in headboard and footboard that keeps your mattress stable while you’re sleeping.
The Harper & Bright Designs Wood Platform Bed Twin Bed Frame Mattress Foundation Sleigh Bed comes in walnut, white, and espresso, and the design is classic but still adequate for a modern decor. There is a one-year warranty period included with purchase, and assembly is required.
Next up on our list of the best twin-size bed frames is the Zinus Lottie Upholstered Square Stitched Platform. It’s a stylish option with a modern design and a frame that combines quality pine and steel to provide a sturdy structure for a good night’s sleep. The quality of this bed ensures this frame will last a long time and that it can be used by children and adults alike.
The Zinus Lottie Upholstered Square Stitched Platform Bed is available in two colors: gray and blue slate and the square stitching at the headboard area adds a modern aesthetic. A wooden slat support system is built into the frame to support your mattress and help keep it from sagging. The frame is protected by a knotted polyester cover—as well as a five-year manufacturer’s warranty.
The SimLife Platform Bed is primarily targeted at a younger audience, but the sturdy framework is able to provide adequate support for adults, too. This three-in-one frame system includes a mattress foundation, footboard, and headboard. And the bed requires no additional box spring system, which helps you save even more money.
The headboard and footboard both feature an elegant metal design that comes in black or white. The frame features six legs for a more stable structure, and there is 12.5 inches of storage space underneath. This bed requires assembly, and comes with all the instructions, parts, and tools you’ll need to get it installed.
When shopping for a twin-size bed frame, you may feel a little overwhelmed with the large selection of brands and styles. After extensive research, we filtered through some of the top-rated options in order to bring you 10 of the best twin-size bed frames that you can order today. Consider your budget and your preferences and check out our list to find the twin-size bed frame that will work for you.