As children enter adolescence, their growth spurts mean they will eventually need a bigger bed. When you start looking at the best online mattresses for your teen, it is also important to remember that a quality bed frame is another key element for comfort and support.
Picking the right one isn’t always easy. Not only are teens notoriously fussy with specific tastes in fashion and styles, you’ll also want to find a frame that fits your price range and room space.
The Best Bed Frames For Teens
There are a lot of these types of products available online that are marketed toward teenagers. In order to choose the right one, take a step back, and consider what your child likes. Do they want metal or durable plastic? Do they have a favorite color or design style? Do they want a big bed or a twin size?
We did the legwork of looking through hundreds of the best bed frames for teens currently on the market. Here are the 10 we think rank the highest in quality and value. See our Methodology regarding how we score the products on Online Mattress Review.
Among the best bed frames for teens that will provide a stylish and modern look is the Mecor Upholstered Linen Full Platform Bed Metal Frame. This bed frame comes in a dark gray color with button details on its upholstered headboard. The construction features a high-quality metal frame that will provide enough support for your teen.
This frame has a relatively affordable price tag. The metal frame is enclosed with linen, which adds to the sleek aesthetics of the product. There is also a built-in headboard, and while the product does not come pre-assembled, instructions are included, and no additional tools are required.
Strengths We Love:
- The stylish design, which features a dark gray color and tufted headboard, is suitable for a girl’s or boy’s bedroom. Parents find such neutral design essential in furnishing their teens’ bedrooms.
- The bed frame seems sturdy and stable enough to last for several years and withstand vigorous activity on the mattress, thanks to its solid metal structure. The six legs and wooden slats contribute to its durability, as well as allow for easier cleaning beneath the mattress and the bedframe itself.
- There’s no need for a box spring, which means less cost for parents.
- The maximum weight capacity is 550 pounds, which should be more than enough for average teens.
- This is easy to assemble since there are a few parts to connect, not to mention that all the tools and parts are included in the package. Plus, there are extra bolts, nuts and screws, too.
Things to Consider:
- It may be too low to the ground for tall teens.
- It may produce squeaking sounds but it’s a rare occurrence.
OMR ADVANTAGE SCORE: 9/10
The next product on our list of the best bed frames for teens is the Einfach Full Upholstered Platform Bed Frame. As the name implies, this is a full-size bed frame that will fit any mattress of that size. The frame also has a reasonable price tag.
The Einfach Full Size Upholstered Platform Bed Frame does not require a box spring but does come with a mattress foundation, strong metal supports, and headboard, which also has beautiful button upholstery. Your teen will love the dark grey color, as it fits in with any decor.
Strengths We Love:
- The chic and contemporary design will be perfect for any modern teen’s bedroom, whether a boy or a girl. This is due to its neutral gray color, tufted headboard and versatile design – your teen has a blank canvas, so to speak, upon which he/she can express his/her personality.
- The metal bed frame is complemented by wooden parts that add strength to the entire structure while also breaking the monotony. Aside from the four main posts, there are also several supporting posts that ensure stability and sturdiness for several years of constant use. The maximum weight capacity is 500 pounds including the mattress and user.
Things to Consider:
- A box spring may be necessary for some users who are bothered by the subtle rattling of the metal bars against the mattress.
- The assembly may require a couple of hours but it’s easy and doable with the right tools.
OMR ADVANTAGE SCORE: 8.5/10
If your teen enjoys having friends over, shares a room with a sibling, or just like more flexibility in where they sleep, then the Walker Edison Furniture Twin-Over-Full Metal Frame and Ladder Bunk Bed could be a great solution. But it is a bunk bed, so the product has a higher price tag.
The Walker Edison Furniture Twin-Over-Full Metal Frame and Ladder Bunk Bed has a full-size bed at the bottom and a twin bed on top. A ladder at the foot offers easy access to the upper bed; great for sleepovers.
Strengths We Love:
- The combination of a twin and double bed means better use of space in your teen’s bedroom.
- The high weight capacity of the bed frame – 200 pounds for the twin bed and 450 pounds for the double bed – is proof of its long-lasting stability and sturdiness. Teens can even have slumber parties on it, too.
- The bed frame fits twin- and double-sized mattresses but the manufacturer recommends using mattresses with 5-inch or 9-inch thickness for the best fit. The guardrails keep the twin mattress in place, too.
- There are several supporting posts aside from the four main posts, which means better stability for the bed frame.
- This is fairly easy to assemble, too, especially with the Allen wrenches already included in the kit. Be sure not to tighten the bolts, however, before you’re sure that everything’s in place.
Things to Consider:
- There’s little storage space underneath the bed frame but you can use bed raisers to resolve this minor issue.
OMR ADVANTAGE SCORE: 8/10
The DHP Studio Loft Bunk Bed Over Desk and Bookcase with Metal Frame is the ideal product for teens who have a small bedroom. Teens often need study space in their rooms along with everything else. This metal-frame bed solves that space and storage issue.
The product features a twin-size bed frame at the top with a ladder for access and a desk below with convenient bookcase for storage. The price tag on this product, however, is not as budget-friendly as some of the other options but still affordable when you consider that you are gettting a desk, bookcase, and a bed.
The next recommendation on our list of best bed frames for teens is the Mellow Full 9″ Metal Platform Bed Frame. This is an ideal solution if you want some ability to customize. While the 9-inch model is the standard option, there is also a 12-inch platform bed option. And the frame is available in four different mattress-size options: twin, full, queen, and king.
One particularly convenient feature offered by the Mellow Full 9” Metal Platform Bed Frame is the fact that it uses a slat mattress foundation. The slat feature means it doesn’t require an additional box spring system for the mattress. The price tag on this frame is also quite affordable.
The LAGRIMA Metal Full-Size Bed Frame is another budget-friendly option on our list of best bed frames for teens—particularly for those teens who prefer a simpler yet contemporary design. The product features a black metal frame made from quality, sturdy materials ensuring your teen can sleep comfortably.
The LAGRIMA Metal Full-Size Bed Frame features a built-in vintage-inspired upholstered headboard that adds to the comfort, and there is an 11-inch gap between the floor and the frame, leaving ample space for under-bed storage.
The GreenForest Twin Bed Frame is another great option for those decorating a teen’s room on a tight budget. If your teen is just looking for something basic, this frame is compact and employs a metal slat system, eliminating the need for an additional box spring.
This frame features a built-in headboard and footboard as well as a 6-leg system, which combine to assure durability and support. The GreenForest Bed Frame can be picked up for a reasonable price.
If you find yourself decorating on a tight budget but still want the assurance that your teen will sleep on a bed frame that won’t cause the mattress to sag, then the AmazonBasics Foldable Metal Platform Bed Frame is a great option. This product has a cheap price tag, making it one of the most affordable options you will find on our list of best bed frames for teens that still prioritizes overall quality and stability.
The AmazonBasics Foldable Metal Platform Bed Frame features a tool-free assembly process, and it doesn’t require buying a separate box spring for the mattress. The frame is also available in six different sizes and two heights to choose from.
The next product on our list of the best bed frames for teens combines a rustic look with a contemporary design, delivering an aesthetic that is sure to please even the pickiest adolescent. The BOFENG Twin Metal Bed Platform has a metal construction, which helps keep the bed stable while also offering improved support for the accompanying mattress.
BOFENG Metal Bed Platform comes in four different colors (black, bronze, white, and brown) and three size options (twin, full, queen). The metal frame is made from quality steel and features side rails as well as support legs and crossbars.
The Mornington Upholstered Platform Bed wraps up our list of the best bed frames for teens. The product has a moderate price tag and is made using pine wood covered with a soft yet sturdy material to give it a modern look.
The frame features upholstered foam along the sides of the frame and the headboard. Six legs on the frame ensure adequate support for the mattress as well as the person sleeping on it. Available in three colors—dark grey, light grey and linen—this frame is also available in full, queen, and king sizes.
Teens can be fussy when it comes to decorating their rooms. Our curated list of the best bed frames for teens takes into consideration budgets of all amounts as well as color, style, shape, and size to please even the pickiest teen.