You also have to consider the frame on which it will rest because the two combined create a surface that is both soft and supportive.
Choosing the right one will provide your child with not only an attractive piece of furniture to sleep on but also ensure they are sleeping safely and have the support needed to prevent back pain and other problems as they grow. Combine one of these frames that we consider the 10 best bed frames for boys with one of the best mattresses for kids and the right sheets, and you are all set.
These Are the Best Bed Frames for Boys
Parents should do thorough research before buying new frame to fit your child’s mattress and decor. There are a lot of these products on the market, so it can be very difficult to know which ones are truly the best bed frames for boys. We looked at hundreds of mattresses, and, in this post, we list the top 10 quality bed frames that offer support and style.
The bed frame that comes in at the top of our list of best bed frames for boys is perfect for the boy who loves superheroes—in this case, Batman. The DC Comics Batman Batmobile Car Twin Bed is a high-quality frame shaped like the caped crusader’s infamous Batmobile. The product comes at an affordable price tag and its aesthetic alone is sure to please your child, making it well worth the cost.
The DC Comics Batman Batmobile Car Twin Bed can be purchased as just a frame, but the option is available to purchase it with the mattress included if you don’t already have one. The frame is made with durable plastic to ensure it not only looks good but will last a long time. And the best part is that the frame comes pre-assembled—so it’s hassle-free.
Strengths We Love:
- The bed is unmistakably inspired by Batman and, thus, a hit with Batman fans of all genders. From its easily recognizable yellow-and-black Batman decals to its winged spoiler, it’s the Batmobile parked in your child’s bedroom! Its black color also makes it easy to blend in with a child’s bedroom décor.
- The bed’s low profile means young children will find it easy-peasy to get in and out of the bed. The sense of independence that it encourages in them is a bonus.
- The high sides combined with the low profile contributes to the sense of safety and security, a great thing for children reluctant to sleep in a new bed. Young children can also choose which side to get in and out of bed – the sides or the front.
- The one-piece molded plastic is sturdy enough to withstand frequent pressure from little bodies getting in and out of the bed. This bed will last for years with proper maintenance with little cracks, fading or peeling paint, and dents.
- There’s the option of buying bed accessories including a comforter set, pillow inserts and throw pillow covers. These accessories encourage pretend-play as the crime-fighting caped superhero, too.
Things to Consider:
- The bed frame doesn’t have a spring or base board on which to place the mattress. This means the mattress doesn’t have frame support and sits on the floor. Fortunately, a spring or base board can be bought separately.
- The stickers were slightly challenging to place on the bed but it isn’t a deal-breaker.
OMR Advantage Score: 9/10
If your child is a fan of cars, particularly sporty red ones, then the Cilek Race Cup Car Children Bed is an ideal option to consider. It’s not an over-the-top kind of car bed frame—and that’s one reason why it makes our list of best bed frames for boys. It comes at a price just slightly higher than others, however, the construction of the frame is durable and sturdy, ensuring the product will last a long time.
The bed comes in a wonderful shade of racing red. This bed has a 300 pound weight limit and easily can accommodate a toddler mattress or twin size mattress as your child grows.
Strengths We Love:
- The bright red color is true to racing car traditions aside from being attractive for both boys and girls. The details, such as the realistic decals, combined with the wheels with silver rims and streamlined shape, make it fascinating for budding race car enthusiasts.
- The bed’s versatility means that parents will get the best value for their money since it can be used for a long time. It can be converted from a toddler bed to a child’s bed with a twin-sized mattress. It’s a great thing for giving a child a sense of familiarity even as he/she transitions from a small to a large bed.
- The low profile also makes it easy to get in and out of bed even for short legs and the guardrails give a sense of safety (i.e., not rolling out of bed in the middle of the night).
- The play-pretend possibilities stimulate mental, social and physical development in children.
Things to Consider:
- Assembly is required but it’s fairly easy with the right tools and assistance.
OMR Advantage Score: 8.5/10
Those who have a little more to spend and want a top-of-the-line piece of furniture might want to take a closer look at the Cilek GTS Twin Size Kids Race Car Bed Frame. With a heftier price tag, this bed frame is made from top-quality materials and is one of the sturdier options on the market.
The Cilek GTS Twin Size Kids Race Car Bed Frame comes with a built-in upholstered headboard, a front-facing license plate, and even a remote control that allows your child to control the headlights. The bed frame also makes engine noises. Interior padding is also included for comfort.
Strengths We Love:
- The LED lights immediately attract children’s attention, perhaps even encourage them to get into it earlier than their scheduled bedtime. These are located on the headlights, underbody and wheels, which are controlled via remote control. These can also serve as night lights.
- The bed makes engine noises, too, a fun feature for children who may like waking up and feeling like a race car driver. Other cool details include seats as headboard, vanity license plate and racing decals.
- The bed frame is made from BPA-free and lead-free plastic with reinforcements, which makes it sturdier than many other similar products. Even the leather seats feel durable and genuine.
- Easy to assemble with fewer parts and pre-installed modules. Once assembled, it can carry up to 300 pounds.
Things to Consider:
- Delivery was only at the doorstep due to COVID-19 restrictions. But the bed frame is easy enough for two persons to carry up the stairs so it’s no biggie.
OMR Advantage Score: 8/10
The next option on our list of the best bed frames for boys is a little different from our previous entries. This is a loft bed frame that features a fire engine motif with a twin-sized bed at the top of the structure. There is a ladder that your child can use to get up to the bed and a slide for them to easily get down from the top.
A small enclosed play area is located under the loft bed and features a door and windows. The DHP Junior Fire Department Metal Loft Bed with Slide requires assembly, but this fun bed comes at a cheap price tag—so it’s quite a good deal.
This bed is ready for take-off! The KidKraft Airplane Toddler Bed is a high-quality bed frame which will certainly provide you with value for your money, and why it makes our list of the best bed frames for boys.
The KidKraft Airplane Toddler Bed also offers printed vinyl details on the sides and front to add to its aesthetics. There is even a propeller at the front that your child can spin. The sleeping area does have a unique shape, which could make it difficult to get your hands on a quality comfortable mattress, but the product does come with a basic padded mattress to fit the space that may provide adequate support depending on your child’s age and weight.
Our next option is the Coaster Home Furnishings Oates Lofted Bed with Slide and Tent. This bed is another loft-style product that features a play area beneath the twin-sized bed. How cool is that? The added colors, army green camouflage, adds to its charm. What little boy wouldn’t love this?
Getting up and down from the bed area is easy and can be done with the ladder or the slide that are attached to the frame. At the bottom, the product features a tented play area with ample room for toys—and even a few friends. The frame is made from metal, which ensures sturdiness and durability, and side rails are attached to the bed area to prevent your child from falling out.
If your child is a fan of the film Cars, then the Delta Children Wood Toddler Bed is an ideal option—and an inexpensive one at that. It features artwork from the original Disney/Pixar film, which are two reasons this product appears on our list of best bed frames for boys.
The Delta Children Wood Toddler Bed is manufactured to meet the specific Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) safety specifications and requirements, however the bed does not come assembled. That work is left to you.
For parents who just want a basic bed frame suitable for a boy’s bedroom, the Brooklyn Metal Bed Frame with Headboard and Footboard might be just the ticket. This is a comfortable twin-sized bed frame that won’t take up too much space in your child’s room, leaving plenty of room for toys and playtime.
This handsome bed frame is available in many colors. Its metal construction ensures the bed will remain steady and provide adequate support for younger children.
Another loft-style bed option on our list of the best bed frames for boys is the DHP Junior Twin Metal Loft Bed with Slide. This bed has a high-quality metal frame construction and features a loft bed with a ladder and slide, giving your child easy access and exit that is fun and convenient.
The DHP Junior Twin Metal Loft Bed with Slide is available in silver, red, and white, and can fit any twin mattress.
Last up on our list of best bed frames for boys is the ACME Twin Car Bed Red Metal Go Cart Frame. While this one also features a car shape similar to some of the other options on our list, this one has a very unique structure. The product itself features a reddish finish on the dune buggy-shaped frame and even includes four wheels instead of standard legs.
The ACME Twin Car Bed Red Metal Go Cart Frame comes is moderately priced. The manufacturer uses a high-quality steel material in the construction of the frame, and a slat system is used to easily hold both a mattress. In addition, the product comes with a 60-day warranty.
There are a lot of bed frames on the market vying for a spot in your child’s bedroom. When it comes to buying one, you should consider all things your child might appreciate—from its shape to its play space—while also taking into account how much you can afford as well as the amount of space it will take up in their room. The 10 featured on our list will hopefully make it easier to determine which frame is best for your boy.